Friday, June 8, 2007

What about the House?!

OK, OK, I'll get off my soapbox against suburban sprawl. Let me tell you about these rowhouses. Take a look at the building block below, which includes four rowhouses at a street intersection. Why is our choice between the Longhorn and the Volente floor plans a subject of debate?
Ground FloorUpper Floor
You may have to click on each image to get a better look. The Longhorn is a corner unit, meaning it gets natural light from three sides, a yard on two sides, and we like the way it looks on the outside. The Volente has a bigger breakfast/kitchen area, three reasonably sized bedrooms, and the washer/dryer space is located in the garage, which we like. Shared demising walls are an advantage when it comes to saved energy costs but are a drawback if the neighbors are loud or unruly. We are not sure how much either floor plan costs or which one is more expensive.

Which would you choose?

2 comments:

Roki said...

I choose Longhorn since I like more natural light coming in. Mom

Caren said...

We'd be happy in either the Longhorn or the Volente. I think I'm leaning toward the Longhorn for a pretty mundane reason--the sink is in the kitchen island, so I could watch the kids while doing dishes/cooking. I also like the laundry upstairs, even though that's probably not the best energy-wise.